The Governing Body takes seriously its responsibilities to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children; and to work together with other agencies to ensure rigorous and robust arrangements within our school to identify, assess, and support those children who are suffering harm.
We recognise that all adults, including temporary staff, volunteers and governors, have a full and active part to play in protecting our pupils from harm, and that the child’s welfare is our paramount concern.
All staff believe that our school should provide a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes the social, physical and moral development of the individual child.
Our key aims are:
- To support the child’s development in ways that will foster security, confidence and independence.
- To provide an environment in which children and young people feel safe, secure, valued and respected, and feel confident, and know how to approach adults if they are in difficulties, believing they will be effectively listened to.
- To raise the awareness of all teaching and non-teaching staff of the need to safeguard children and of their responsibilities in identifying and reporting possible cases of abuse and to be aware of the need for early intervention.
- To provide a systematic means of monitoring children known or thought to be at risk of harm, and to ensure that we, the school, contribute to assessments of need and support packages for those children.
- To emphasise the need for good levels of communication between all members of staff.
- To develop a structured procedure within the school, which will be followed by all members of the school community in cases of suspected abuse.
- To develop and promote effective working relationships with other agencies, especially the Police and Social Care.
- To ensure that all staff working within our school who have substantial access to children have been checked as to their suitability, including verification of their identity, qualifications, and a satisfactory DBS check, a prohibition check where relevant (according to guidance) , and that a central record is kept for audit.
Click here to view the school Safeguarding Policy