Please click here to access a copy of the Forest School handbook.
Please click here to access all our Forest School letters.
We are very fortunate to have a large Forest School area within our school grounds that all children can access during weekly sessions held by one of our two qualified Forest School teachers.
We go out in all weather and enjoy everything nature has to offer – this does mean we can all get rather muddy on occasions!
Some of the activities we enjoy doing are:
- Hunting for bugs and creepy crawlies, they like to have a stay in our bug hotels
- Looking at patterns in the natural world
- Understanding our impact on the environment and how we can take steps to protect our world
- Enjoying a hot chocolate and a toasted marshmallow or 2!
- Fire lighting
- Creating dishes in the mud kitchen
- Story telling on our stage
- Den building
- Various arts and craft activities
- Looking at plants
- Looking at changes to the seasons
- Taking risks
- We also link our activities to our wider curriculum provision and focus on aspects of PSHE, science, music, art and Design and technology during our sessions.
These are just some of the activities we do at Forest School. These sessions allow children the opportunity to take control of their learning and take risks in a safe environment. It supports children across all areas of their development but particularly supports and promotes the development of self-esteem, self-confidence, team building, communication, resilience, problem solving and has a positive impact on well-being.