WHAT SHOULD MY CHILD WEAR TO SCHOOL?
We have a school uniform that we would like all our children to wear.
The uniform is simple but eye catching. We believe that wearing school uniform ensures that the children are smart and gives them a sense of identity. It also makes life easier for parents.
Uniform can be ordered from the school office. Please click here to download an order form.
Please allow a reasonable time for your uniform orders to be processed.
Our main uniform
The school uniform for The John Moore Primary School consists of the following:
- Jade green sweatshirt or sweat cardigan, both embroidered with the school’s logo
- Blue polo shirt embroidered with the School’s logo
- Grey School trousers, shorts, skirts or pinafore dresses
Trousers should NOT be flared, skin tight, track suit, joggers, boot-legged, cargo, combat, hipsters or skater. Please no trousers with skirts attached.
Skirts should NOT be long but of a sensible length appropriate for school
Please: No BLACK trousers, shorts, skirts or pinafore dresses.
Additional information for Girls Uniform
- Green striped or checked dresses may be worn in the warmer months
- Black sensible shoes. Definitely NO fashion shoes (e.g. open toed sandals, high heels or straps these can be dangerous in school)
- Grey or white socks (ankle or knee length) or tights must be worn
Example of our main uniform
|Boys Uniform||Girls Uniform|
Our PE Kit
- Jade green tee-shirt with printed school logo for PE
- Blue shorts for PE
- Plain navy blue or jade green jogging bottoms for outdoor PE
- Indoor PE will usually be undertaken in bare feet
- For outdoor PE/games, Reception and Key Stage 1 children should wear ‘daps’. In Key Stage 2, children are encouraged to wear trainers.
- PE kit needs to be kept in a draw string bag
- We suggest that for reasons of hygiene, children keep a pair of PE socks in school
Example of our PE kit
- Children in KS2 will need an art apron/shirt for use in Art or Design & Technology sessions.
Other items available include:
- Book bag/carrier (please do NOT bring large bags to school on a regular basis)
- Kit bag for PE clothes
- Swimming hat
- Cap for warmer weather
Make-up should NOT be worn in school
May NOT be worn in school, with the exception of stud earrings which may be worn.
Following County directives, stud earrings must be removed for PE lessons. If the stud earrings cannot be removed, then parents must supply ‘sticking plasters’/micropore tape to cover them. Children must be able to cover their earring studs with sticky tape, independent of an adult.
We discourage all children from bringing valuables to school. Any item that children do bring to school (e.g. watches) is the responsibility of the child concerned.
We would be grateful to parents if they would ensure that children arrive at school with ‘sensible’ hair styles/colour. Long hair should be tied back at all times.
For reasons of safety during PE lessons, long hair must be tied back. Children with long hair must wear a swimming hat when swimming. Swimming hats are available from the school office
Names in uniform and names tapes
Please ensure that all items of clothing and footwear are named, as lost items can be upsetting for the children and costly to replace!
We have some leaflets for name tapes available at the School Office.